Monday, December 26, 2011

December 25-Derek

I wasn't sure I was going to give a Book of Mormon out today. I'd already given out 25 and didn't really have anyone in mind. But for some reason I still had 1 more book left. As I was walking Laci early this morning I felt I needed to find one more person to share this Christmas gift with. I went to church prayerful and grateful. As I was sitting listening to our ward's Christmas Contata a name and face popped into my mind and I knew who would be the receiver of my last book. Derek is Brad's brother. (see from December 4)

I met Derek this summer while he was staying with Brad while waiting to start college in the Fall. He now has his own place and visits on weekends and breaks. I hestitated for a second wondering what Brad and Stacey would think of me also giving Derek a book. But then I pushed those doubts aside because I knew this is what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. I have to trust His plan and that doesn't necessarily mean I have to understand.

This afternoon the nieghborhood got together to welcome J home for a theraputic outing. They gave him 6 hours away from the hospital for Christmas. It was a beautiful sight as the crowd gathered around their front steps and sang Christmas carols to their family. This is what Christmas is about-love for our fellow man! The family was extremely moved and grateful. Susan continued to hug me over and over and repeated "God is good. He is soo good!" Her son sits in a wheelchair but she is wrapped in the arms of our Saviors love and lifted up by the angels that surround her. Their family's faith is inspiring!

No comments: